Volunteering 2020/21Hey everyone, if you're in full-time third level education anywhere in Galway, or waiting for results to find out if you will be, we want to hear from you (incl. TYs).
The getting-on-air process goes like this;
- Sign up to volunteer here.
- Attend an Online Intro to Broadcast Session (we'll be emailing you and advertising these from August onwards).
- Take part in a Recording a Show 101 group session.
- Complete a demo to an acceptable standard (it doesn't have to be perfect, we just want you to get a feel for recording).
- We'll assign shows to people on a first-demo-completed first served basis.
- There will be follow-up training in show playlisting, jingle production and show promotion later in semester too.
Right now, we're planning on having the majority of training online, with staff support for recording and broadcasting remotely. Fingers crossed we'll be welcoming you into studio to record and broadcast direct from Áras na MacLéinn in the near future though!