Volunteering 2020/21Hey everyone, if you're in full-time third level education anywhere in Galway, we want to hear from you (incl. TYs).
The getting-on-air process goes like this;
- Sign up to volunteer here.
- We'll add you to Flirt FM on Yourspace (or send you an invite to sign up as a guest if you're in GMIT/GTI/GCC/TY etc.)
- You can complete the step-by-step online learning at your own pace (and contact us at any point if you have a question/would like to video chat).
- Complete a short demo recording to an acceptable standard (it doesn't have to be perfect, we just want you to get a feel for recording).
- We'll assign shows to people on a first-demo-completed first served basis.
- We'll be doing a video chat with every new show to troubleshoot, give feedback and advice and just say hi.
- There will be follow-up online training in show play-listing, jingle production and show promotion later in semester too.
Right now, we're planning on having the majority of training online, with staff support for recording and broadcasting remotely. At this point we are hoping that staff will be able to set up/supervise your broadcast directly from Áras na MacLéinn (we've been doing it all remotely from our houses since March).