Breakfast Show TakeoversIf you'd like to take over an edition of The Lie-In, it's pretty simple - send your playlist of 25 or so (if you can include some Irish acts, and as radio-safe as possible) tracks to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we'll be in touch, letting you know how you can record an intro and a jingle on your smartphone. Keep an eye our Twitter and Instagram for upcoming guests, and listen back to previous guests on Flirt FM's Archive Mixcloud.
The shows run from 09:00-11:00 weekdays, there's news headlines at 09:30 & 10:30.
What audio would I be recording for links?
- Record an intro - 30-60 seconds (or more, you both might be feeling talkative!), into your phone.
- Record a one-liner saying something like "Hi, this is *your name(s)* I'm/we're currently in *however detailed you want to be* and I'm/we're taking over the lie-in this morning.
- You can do a goodbye too, and shout out to anyone you'd like.
- It's up to you how much you'd like to record! Some people have done links for in between every few songs too.
- Find the quietest place in your house (away from buzzing appliances).
- The more soft furnishings in the room the better for sound.
- Do a quick test recording and listen back to make sure you're not too loud or close to the mic.
- Most people find that a well-reviewed third-party voice recording app sounds better than the one that came with your phone.
- Whatsapp audio can be good quality too.
- No need to do any big edits, if you make a mistake, just take the sentence again. Also no need for any effects, processing or "radio voice", we'll take care of tidying up your files for broadcast!