Part-time Paid Position Available
“Outreach and Training Officer”.18 month contract, 6 month probation. Location - Flirt FM, Áras na MacLéinn, NUI Galway. Starting early July 2017.
15hrs per week @ €10 p/h
The staff member would have the potential to increase their income and hours by running QQI training or non-accredited summer camps etc. They would also be able to apply for programme funding to BAI Sound & Vision Scheme to be broadcast on the station.
The position would ideally suit someone that already works part-time or seasonally. QQI Trainer Accreditation a bonus, but the station can fund training. This position could go to a suitable student if their timetable permitted. Garda vetting also required.
Role and responsibilities
- Assist with volunteer training at key intake periods.
- Assist new volunteers with recording and basic questions.
- Assist with work placements – particularly second level students.
- Organise training events – from 1 hour sessions to multi-week accredited (multi-week training would be paid extra per hour from course fees).
- Organise one outside event each week (outside broadcasts to volunteer events).
- Liaise with campus and city organisations.
- Make new connections with campus and city organisations.
- Assist with promoting the station in the community and raising visibility.
- Supervise the studio to allow community access.
Please email (no hard copies please) a CV with a brief outline about why you would like to be considered for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org before 5pm on Thursday 15th of June.